Sunday, January 15, 2012

Maxidress: Now & Later

Most women have items in their closet that are distinctively “summer” or “winter.”  Or maybe even an entire summer wardrobe and completely separate winter wardrobe.  I try to purchase items that can work in more than one season, however it can be tricky with sundresses and shorts.  J 
Before reading the February issue of InStyle, I would have never considered bringing out my black maxidress in the winter.  I have always worn it to summer cook-outs or even the pool, but the magazine so cleverly made it cold-weather appropriate that I had to try it myself. 

For Winter: I added a shirt, cropped jacket, tights and grey booties to warm up the dress which made it cozy for cold days.

For Spring: I lost the layers and added a vibrant scarf and belt for the warmer days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment