Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hey Sole Sister

In a retail world where a size 6 in one store is a size 2 in another, I can sometimes get discouraged in the dressing room.  And isn’t it always the case that when you’re out looking for the perfect outfit for an event, you’ll never find it?  That’s why I have substance abuse problems…  with fabulous footwear that is!  I can always find a pair of shoes when I’m out and about, whether I’m looking for them or not.  I walk by the shoe section in a department store and it seems as if the cutest, most unnecessary pair call my name.  But, I think I have these shoe-holic tendencies because shoes make me feel good.  When I lose all confidence trying on unflattering blouses or dresses that are too tight, I can be sure that shoes will always fit me perfectly.  So, how can I possibly stop my love affair with all of those sassy heels, cute flats and chic boots when I know they’ll always be there for me? 

Perhaps it was my fascination as a little girl with Dorothy’s ruby slippers in The Wizard of Oz and how one pair of shoes can take you anywhere you want to go.  This is probably the reason I recently purchased a new pair of running shoes.  In an attempt to overcome my lack of motivation to work out, I turned to a new (and cute) pair of shoes to will my body out of bed at the crack of dawn to go run.  Well, turns out that new shoes and the guilt of spending money on shoes and not using them did get my sleepy self out of bed.  And, I was very excited, even at 5:30am, to put on my new shoes and go for a run.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment