Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mixed Messages

What does “dressy casual” actually mean?  Isn’t that an oxymoron?  I keep seeing more and more women and celebrities pairing casual t-shirts with a fancy skirt to achieve a “I didn’t try too hard yet I still look fabulous” outfit.  So, I thought I would try this trend for myself.
Women’s “dressy casual” typically includes a skirt, blouse or tailored pair of pants.  It is similar to business casual, but with a bit more informality.  I recently saw a unique pairing in the March issue of InStyle – a bright, sequined and sparkly skirt with an informal chambray shirt and sweater.  Although at first glance it doesn’t seem like these items would pair well together, but they actually make for the perfect “dressy yet relaxed” look. 


No comments:

Post a Comment