Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Woman's Right to Shoes

Someone recently asked me just how many pairs of shoes I actually own.  When I gave them a ballpark answer (not including flip flops of course) they gave me a look as if to say “Seriously?  That’s insane.”  Instantly I felt as if I needed to defend my stunning portfolio of footwear.  Why should I feel that way?  Do I really need to defend my shoeholic tendencies?  The fact of the matter is I have a lot of shoes.  But it’s not like they were all purchased last week.  My collection has grown and matured over the years with new additions being added and some unfortunate pairs being donated or tossed. 
Just the other day I was watching an episode of Sex and the City entitled “A Woman’s Right to Shoes” where Carrie’s Manolos mysteriously leave the party without her.  Carrie is devastated and the host of the party doesn’t seem to care that her guest’s shoes were stolen.  Why should a woman have to defend her love for shoes?  I don’t think we should have to.  Own it.  At the end of the day, shoes always fit and they make us feel good.
A few shoesies from my collection…

My oldest pair purchased freshman year of college for rush events


A pair I bought a few months ago and haven’t worn yet…  They were on sale at DSW.  Perhaps an impulse purchase…


My newest pair.  I got them this past weekend in the clearance section of Target.  J

No comments:

Post a Comment