Tuesday, October 4, 2011

R.I.P shoesies...

There comes a day in each pair of shoes life when you must lay them to rest…  Either they no longer fit, are out of style, or are so worn down that it becomes unacceptable to wear them in public.  Or maybe they just disappear…  Lost forever on a trip, sitting alone in a hotel room where they were forgotten to be packed or left on a wedding dance floor when you switched into flip flops.  Well, I had to pay my respects and let a pair go the other day.  Their time had come.

I purchased this pair of nude, suede pumps 4 years ago and they have served me well.  Always a great go-to heel that went with anything – jeans for a night out or work pants for the office.  So, when I put them on the other day and the heel wobbled beneath me, I knew our time together was coming to an end.

As I wobbled around on my wiggly heel, I contemplated taking them to the cobbler for a little repair.  However, I realized the cost wasn’t worth it.  I then attempted to fix the poor thing with super glue…  Yes, super glue.  That really did nothing besides getting my finger stuck to a piece of paper for a few moments.  So, with my failed attempt, I decided it was time to say farewell.  Thanks for the great ride, upping my height to 5’6” and supporting my feet through this journey called life.  J  May your soles rest in peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment