Tuesday, September 20, 2011

UGGly or not?

Although the first day of autumn isn’t until September 23rd, it feels like fall has definitely arrived.  I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the temperature was 45 degrees last Thursday morning.  I was traveling for work and was ill prepared with one flimsy sweater and my flats.  All I could think about was how I wanted my UGG boots to warm my toes.  That’s right…  It’s fall and my UGGs are coming back out!  I know the boots have gotten a bad rep for being… well, ugly, but I still love them nonetheless.  They are comfy, warm and feel so delightful on your feet. 

But how can you wear UGG boots and get away with it without looking tacky?  First, UGGs with shorts or a skirt are out.  If it is warm enough for shorts, your feet aren’t cold enough for UGGs.  UGGs with leggings are questionable.  Because leggings are so tight, you may end up looking like a stick figure with elephant feet.  My preference is simply skinny jeans tucked into boots.  Clean, makes sense and not too obnoxious. 

Even with all of the differing opinions out there, I’m sticking with my story.  My feet are so comfy and toasty wearing my boots, especially when the crisp fall weather turns to frost and snow.  My warm feet will thank me for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment