Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Falling Flat

Today was a rare occasion – I wore flats to work.  Now I know this is shocking, but sometimes my tootsies need a break.  My favorite go-to pair are plain jane black flats from Ann Taylor that were given to me by my Mom.  They are extra comfy because she wore them for a few months before passing them on to me, so they are worn and soft.  I realize my description makes my precious flats sound ugly and old, but they are quite cute.  Now, since these shoes have been loved and worn for awhile now, they are starting to come apart on the bottom which is devastating.  I have been scouring Ann Taylor stores and online, but no luck.  I need a shoe cobbler to save my soles.

The reason I bring all of this up is because people always seem shocked as to how short I am when I wear flats.  Since my heels add about 3 to 4 inches, I always get comments like “Wow, you seem a lot shorter today” or “Geez, what is your actual height?”  Yes folks, I am only 5’4”.  Am I less commanding without my pumps?  Not sure, but maybe my typical high heeled footwear makes me feel more esteemed and confident, and that makes all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment